At Salted CX, we are creating software-as-a-service tools for contact centers where humans and machines work together. We are an early-phase startup, privately-funded with a secure runway of 24 months, so we all can be fully focused on delivering value and making impact.
We are a team that already built one startup from the ground up and got acquired by a large US company in 2018. With extensive knowledge of the contact center space, we make informed decisions quickly and prioritize customer value above all else. We are passionate about solving hard problems, and we believe that recent technological advancements will allow us to build products that were nearly impossible just a few years ago. The industry is at an inflection point and ML/AI is going to significantly change it.
We are looking for an experienced backend engineer who can make pragmatic decisions and work incrementally towards achieving goals while delivering value along the way. You will be a part of a talented team building a product from scratch, work on greenfield, feel useful, have impact and learn every day. Our current backend stack is Java/Kotlin, Python, Terraform, AWS, GoodData. For the frontend, we use Typescript, React, Remix, Tailwind.
In this role you will:
- Design, develop and operate services and applications in a way that is aligned with the current industry standards, including continuous integration, infrastructure as code, containers
- Work with the team to explore solutions that enable to get visibility into conversation content and surface useful, actionable findings to end users
- Collaborate with team members working on machine learning and AI to process and store data for them and to pass this data
- Work with front-end developers to build APIs for them
You must have:
- Experience developing production applications and services in Java or Kotlin
- Experience deploying and operating applications and services in AWS
- Experience operating application and services that require dynamic scaling, support thousands of tenants (customers), and tens of thousands of users
- Experience making a lot small mistakes in rapid succession and trying to learn from every single one of them
Bonus points for:
- Experience with developing applications and services for non-technical users
- Experience with Terraform or other infrastructure as a code solutions
- Experience with Python
- Experience with ML/AI
- Experience with GoodData
- Experience with data processing and storing large amounts of data
- Competitive monthly pay
- 30 days of paid vacation, 10 days of paid sick leave
- Flexible working hours (daily stand-ups; Tuesdays & Thursdays in the office in Karlín)
- New hardware of your choice
- A company of kind people who care about each other
We look forward to receiving your application and meeting with you in person.